“The purpose for which this corporation is organized shall be the collection and dissemination of information of an educational nature pertaining to the operation, maintenance and improvement of New England Cemeteries, both active and historical.”
The New England Cemetery Association produces the following educational programs each year. Please follow the appropriate link to view the details of each program including registration information.
- The Frederick R. Laffond Cemetery Management Seminar is held each year during the week following Thanksgiving. This 3-day event covers every imaginable topic relative to the operation, maintenance and management of today’s cemetery.
- Annual Meeting and Conference – At the end of June each year NECA hold its Annual Meeting and Conference. The location for this multi-day event varies from year-to-year so as to involve all 6 New England states. As with the seminar, programming provided is germane to today’s cemetery. The event always includes an industry supply show.
- The NECA Family Services Program is dedicated to helping member cemeteries develop programs that will assist families through the burial and memorial process. Be it by providing grief care, assisting with the placement of a memorial on the burial site or offering a pre-need program, the Family Services Program is equipped to assist in this critical area.
- Mid-Winter Retreat – In late January or early February the association holds its Mid-Winter retreat. This event usually encompasses a long weekend at a resort or other suitable locale. It is another occasion to network with other cemetery professionals from the region.
- NECA publishes its Membership Directory & Resource Guide annually. This handy desk-top reference book contains membership lists, industry supplier information and invaluable contact information. Industry suppliers place ads highlighting their products and services which are also beneficial. For more information please contact the Yearbook Editor, Deborah Allen-Grover at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New England Certified Cemetery Professional – NECA is proud to offer a professional certification program. A member who meets the rigorous requirements may apply for designation as a New England Certified Cemetery Professional. Only after a careful review of a candidate’s qualification by a committee of peers, is such a designation awarded. Please click the above link to download an application.